HackteriaLab 2011 Commons
Project Idea by Urs G.
Small and precise mechanical manipulator made from recycled material and using open hard and software.
Can be used for:
- Laser cutting masks or light materials using a DVD-laser-diode
- Manipulate organisms or material
- Stage for microscopy
- Tissue engineering
- Mini extruder
- SMD pick and place / stencil cutter
- Two CD / DVD drives with stepper motor mounted cross wise
- Both drives are mounted fix, one is the object carrier the other is the manipulator
- Two stepper motor drivers (ex. pololu 4988) with micro stepping
- RepRap driver-software teacup on an arduino board
- Controlled by G-Code
- G-Code may be generated with X-Code and G-Code plugin
The x-y mechanics, the driver and the control is working. Waiting for laser diodes to mount.
Would love to continue on the device in a direction useful for hackteria project.