Difference between revisions of "HLab14 Akustikologi - Yogyakarta"
|Line 126:||Line 126:|
Revision as of 04:49, 16 April 2014
<<<<- back to main page of HackteriaLab 2014 - Yogyakarta
Akustikologi : Rehearsal
Akustikologi is a music project that provides a collaborative platform for artists, musicians, scientists and hackers to arrange and improvise musical compositions according to each own disciplines. This project challenges the participants to not use any kinds of electronic amplifiers for a collaborative compositions in order to recall our hearing sensitivity —as we are mechanosensitive beings— amidst our noise-polluted environment.
Noise pollution, is the changes of the structure (compositions) of our environment due to excessive noise, affecting the life quality of living beings surround it. Sound pollution can be caused by natural phenomena or human activity. Rapid technology development and the population growth is instantly making noise pollution is generated by human daily activity. Indirectly, sound pollution can affecting physical and psychological health of us humans, such as sleep disturbance, stress, hypertension, and hearing loss. The last symptoms defined as Noise Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL).
NIHL commonly happened due to damaged or death of the hair cells on the basilar membrane (the base for the sensory cells of hearing). Unlike bird and amphibian, damage or death of these hair cells is permanent in mammals (humans included). Until now, there are no technology that can regrow these hair cells. For that, the only way to keep our hearing sensitivity is to recognize the sounds around us and know its power limit.
19 - 21 April 2014, Bumi Pemuda Rahayu
Collaboration, Jamming, Discussions, Studioworks, Chillout, Hangout, Rehearsal, Instruments making, etc..
23 April 2014, 19:00 - 22:00 Padepokan Seni Bagong Kussudiardja | Layang - Layang
Collaboration Performance of the Participants
Jay Afrisando (ID)
Lintang Radittya (ID)
Liu Pei Wen (CH / TW)
Matt Baker (AU / NZ / GB)
Rully Shabara (ID)
Soni Irawan (ID)
Tedi Nurmanto (ID)
Wukir Suryadi (ID)
Yashas Shetty (IN)
The 1st discussion notes | 14 - 04 - 2014
Name | Background | Interest | Ideas
Rully | Musicians / Singer | Acoustic filters or effects for vocal | Designing acoustic filters / effects for vocal with pvc pipes and metals.
Tedi | Musicians / Instrument maker | Participatory musical performance | Conducting a participatory musical performance with the audiences.
Jay | Musicians / Poetry | Triggering other music instruments with his Saxophone | Saxophone triggering saluwang minang and kecapi jawa.
Lintang | Synthesizer Designer / Geek | Reverb spring and Mechanical synthesizer | Human surprise electrocution synthesizer .
Wukir | Musicians / Instrument maker | Bamboo | Making an Acoustic structures as a collaboration medium.
Soni | Musicians / Visual Artist | Collaborations | Making an Acoustic structures as a collaboration medium.
Pei | Sound Artist / Sound Activist | Soundscape, Field Recordings | Mimics particular sound object from the recorded soundscape in field research.
Yashas | Musician / Artist - Scientist | Instrument building | Making Instruments.
Matt Baker | Scientist / Rapper - Scientist | Sound Compressions | Lab gear / instruments Synthesizer and Pyro-mechanic synthesizer.
Theresa | Urban Activist | Participatory activities / interactivity | Found objects as musical instruments.
Material (as ideas)
- Thin metal sheet
- PVC PIPE / Plastic tube
- Computer Fan
- DC Motors
- Water Pump
- Explosive Material ; Methane gas
- Membran for Drums
- Electronic Fan
- Metal Wire
- etc. (please add if you have any ideas for the material list)
Suggestions, ideas, or thingys for the future
1. Make DIY version of sound level meter ? (Need a good filter for calibration, display, and battery powered gadget thingy)
2. Make DIY earplug ? (Need to find a fine, flexible, versatile material for customize DIY earplug, so it can fit on everyones ears)
3. Make DIY analog records player ? (Don't know why we need it, but it's cool to have one, or to make one)
4. Make DIY parabolic microphone ? (Cool device to have when we go out to the forest for cricket hunting, cicadas hunting, bird watching, or eavesdropping other peoples conversations)
5. Make DIY hydrophone ? (This is what all CEO's from every mobile phone company ask to their engineer : " can you make it water-proof?")
6. Change our ears into fish ears or amphibian ears ? (at some point, we don't need to worried about damaging our ears)
7. Release records for each collaborations project ? (imagine image)
8. Ask Stelarc opinion about Wukir going to implant the guitar bamboo on his left hand ? (Y U NO HERE?)
9. using non-electro amplified built instrument/tool to mimick particular sound object from the recorded soundscape in field research. In another word, situating the known to the unknown and build an acoustic landmark by performing the translation of it /pei .
10. not sure how is the difference in acoustic between the rehearsal and performance space, of course can use the space(s) itself as amplified or resonator~
11. we could try to install giant gramophone cylinder for the performance stage, it can be made from wood, cardboard, or plastics. But do we need to amplify it? /togi.
12. making a musical instruments?