Collaborative Developement of Isothermal Amplification & Devices
June 11. - 19, 2022 Paris
Scope of the Project:
Quantitative real-time DNA amplification is at the heart of either diagnosing infectious disease or any section of biology research. Use of these devices has been limited due its cost and availability, therefore, refuting to elaborate and end-point methods like gel-electrophoresis. This project will change accessibility and affordability of this device to specially low-income countries either for POC or teaching purposes. Furthermore, the core of the project includes researchers and collaborators from diverse geographical backgrounds, professional expertise and socioeconomic origins, either at the development stage or at the end-user level at the next phases.
- Francisco Javier Quero (France)
- Urs Gaudenz (Switzerland)
- Yanwu Guo (Oslo)
- Fernán Federici Noe (Chile)
- Boris Enrique Orstica Navarrete (Chile) - Ganga Chinna Rao Devarapu
- Harry Akligoh (Ghana)
- Smitha S Hegde (remote)
- Marc Dusseiller (remote / Indonesia)
- Shingo Hisakawa (remote Japan)
- Opening evening
- Kick-off presentation? by who? Quick intro by all participants?
- Food & Drinks? Cooking together?
- Social events1-2 day of visiting to other local communities
- Visiting to other local communities
- Visit a Hackerspace / FabLab / OpenLab in Paris
- Social evening with music and beers
One day of lectures
Other GOSH communities
Public / broadcasted event
Seeed and some of the production companies?
-Show and tell (bring your prototypes)
-Technologies hand’s on (qPCR, LAMP, fluorescence detection, synthesisers
-Future outlook session (where do we want to go with our project / applications / specifications)
-Field trip (going out to nature) to test devices / protocols in the field
CRI (Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity)
CRI is co-constructing and sharing new ways of learning, teaching, conducting research and mobilizing collective intelligence in the fields of life, learning and digital sciences, in order to address the UN’s sustainable development goals (SDGs).
House in the city with backyard, hosted by Alexandra
49 Rue de la Liberté, Vincennes, Île-de-France 94300, France