- 1 People
- 2 What is this all about?
- 3 Friday 13. Nov, Hardware Meetup, Zurich
- 4 Weekend 14-15. Nov, RandeLab? to be confirmed
- 5 16-18. Nov, NanoTech Montreux
- 6 Tuesday, 17. Nov, Zurich, CitizenScience Symposium, Zürich
- 7 Tuesday, 17. Nov, Zürich, Maker MeetUp Future Hub
- 8 Wednesday, 18. Nov, HTGAA remote session
- 9 Friday, 20. Nov, informal meeting on Swiss Citizen Science Network, place tba
- 10 Weekend, 21 - 23. Nov, Geeking session in GaudiLabs
- 11 19 - 21. Nov, International Hackteria Society Meeting
- 12 Upcoming
Hosts: Urs, Marc, Eugenio
To be invited: Bengt, Brian, Severine, Mark Semadeni, Andreas & Heidy, Sachiko, Yu Li, Boris, Stahl, Vanessa, Stefan Deuber,...
What is this all about?
Friday 13. Nov, Hardware Meetup, Zurich
Urs and Eugenio talk about stuff...
Weekend 14-15. Nov, RandeLab? to be confirmed
topics: Citizen Science an Alternative Overview, Let's make T-shirts!
16-18. Nov, NanoTech Montreux
Eugenio presents poster on Digital Bio Ecosystem and OpenDrop
Tuesday, 17. Nov, Zurich, CitizenScience Symposium, Zürich
"Freiheit für Bürgerwissenschaften - Keine Standardisierungen!" :-)
Tuesday, 17. Nov, Zürich, Maker MeetUp Future Hub
Maker Meetup Zurich - Future Hub
Wednesday, 18. Nov, HTGAA remote session
from where? Feedback from 11. Nov session: Engineering the Human Gut Microbiome
Friday, 20. Nov, informal meeting on Swiss Citizen Science Network, place tba
official meeting postponed to ...
Weekend, 21 - 23. Nov, Geeking session in GaudiLabs
Urs is working on the dissolution of his silk, using LiBr... seems to work fine.
dusjagr thinks about the Euglena Burger.
Visit of Shingo (Ninja PCR) on Monday, 23. Nov
Tipps from Mark Semadeni
- Volvic mineralwasser für protozoa culture
- "Futzeli" prisons
- euglena stabile culture with "HydroKultur-dünger" and a piece of hard cheese (for b-vitamins)
- add a dried piece of turnip for started food for paramecium
- Bazillus Megaterium just grow some carrot
19 - 21. Nov, International Hackteria Society Meeting
we need to sit down and talk about many things... Topic: WELTHERRSCHAFT
27. Nov - Grounded Visions: Artistic Research into Environmental Issues, ETH Zürich
Co-curated by Boris Magrini and Jill Scott
Scientific advisor: Angelika Hilbeck
30. Nov - Save the Whales, ZHdK
Whales are huge and we are only 2, we can't save them alone.
It's not only up to us, we have to do this together, we need to work with people, we need your support, therefore we want to deal with pop culture, brands and fundings to create a movement.
We want to see where the limits are, we are interested in dangerous, uncomfortable moments. Saving something or somebody is often very risky and raises questions about life and death.
Whales are the largest living beings of our time, they need space and freedom to survive, in our case the whales can be a metaphor for anything huge, lively, mindblowing and free.
Whales live in international waters, there are no national borders. We want to take local stories and questions around national boundries beyond to a global, international context.
We have already started to create art works, exhibitions, songs and videos dealing with the working title 'Lets save the Whales International'. The goal is to create a full length film, that connects our art work, personal story and impressions to a whole piece like in our last film 'Style Wars 2'. Again its gonna be an art film, we are not literally gonna fight for the whales.
There are going to be several attempts to save the whales in an artistic way, by creating spectacular situations and getting the attention of the mass. The project will also use the language of activism and demonstrations, to the extent where it becomes absurd at some point and implies to other problems in our world today. We want to interview a variety of famous people we are are interested in, from different disciplines. There answers will lead us to new questions and tasks and so on.