Make you own CRISPR-Kit
General Reflections on CRISPR Kits
Seems these kits have cause a lot of recent discussions...
- Heise-News - Biohacking: Bundesamt warnt vor Do-It-Yourself-Kits
- Especially the Germans seem not to like it so much :-)
- This author though says "My fears about bioweapons and synthetic biology lie in the potential for misuse from state-actors rather than hobbyists and ill-equipped non-state terrorists."
- ... and other replies from the DIY kit-makers
- and NZZ late as usual "Warns.."
So we picked it up again furing our Cheese making workshop Chrisper-Chäsli, to be continued in Tokyo...
and it's always interesting to compare it to regulations in other places... for example Indonesia, see PRG Ikan Hobi - GMO fish geeking
CRISPR Kit Reflections at The Laboratory Solitude - Dec 2016
For the gathering at Schloss Solitude in Stuttgart in late 2016 we ordered the CRISP-Kit from The ODIN. The proposed experiment and materials are great. However we thought that a futuristic new technology could look a bit more fancy. So we did a creative workshop, speculative prototyping, design you own CRISPR-Kit how you would imagine a kit for a new technology should look like. Here are some results from the workshop:
This is the original Kit with some nice extra stuff, T-Shirt and Schnapps-Glässli:
Let's start a workshop.
Some hacked CRISPR Kits:
Tools and Pipettes:
Pipettes with Plasmids:
And special CRISPR petri dishes:
And some newly designed CRISPR organisms:
CRISPR him self:
Josiha Zayner from The Open Discovery Institute (ODIN) calling in.
The DIY hacker CRISPR Cas9 Kit: