Haku-teria-o | ハクテリア
Lifepatch Tour with special guest, dusjagr - Hackteria
It's happening, dusjagr join Lifepatch for a series of workshop "Rumah dan Halaman" during feb 2017, mostly hosted at ICC, co-organized through Japan Foundation, and visits to YCAM, BioClub, Fab Cafe and Loftwork.
Hackteria Japan Tour
What is going on in open source bioart / DIYbio / generic lab equipment in Japan?
Big in Japan
More than One Individual
- BioClub 2F of / FabCafe Shibuya 'Open Bio Lab', Lab will officially open end of August 2016. Good for workshops, lectures, demos.
- Tamabi Art University. Akihiro Kubota. Next to metaPhorest one the oldest bio hacker spaces in Japan. Recently upgraded.
- 'metaPhorest' Art & Biology group in Iwasaki Lab, Waseda University (Tokyo, Tokyo Pref.) - "is a practical platform for artistic researches on biological/biomedia art and bioaesthetics, located within a biological laboratory at Center for Advanced Biomedical Sciences, Waseda University. We provide relatively long-term (more than several months) artist-in-residence program for those who are interested in biology-inspired/aided/criticizing artistic activity, sharing biological facility, discussion, seminars with life scientists." Irregular'metaPhorest seminars.
- Fablab Kamakura (Kamakura, Kanagawa Pref.) Connected to SFC Keio and 'Super-FabLab Kamakura'. People: Yumi Nishihara, Mio Kato
- Hacker Farm - Akiba (Kamogawa, Chiba Pref.)
- Leave a Nest - "science venture company" (Tokyo, Tokyo Pref.) - through Denisa
- Empowerment Informatics program (Tsukuba, Ibaraki Pref.)
- Digital Garage Lab VC & Tech company, recently with a focus on bio. People: Halfdan Rump
- Hamamatsu FabLab (is this the same?) Bio Space - Open Source Aigamo Project, Masato Takemura - participated in HGTAA 2015, became organizer for 2016
- YCAM Yamaguchi Center for Arts and Media - participated in HGTAA 2015. People. Ito, Tsuda. Good for workshops, longer stay, maybe mini-residency.
- DIY/Hacking to the Biology! Facebook group - Want to share information on how to set up DIYbio spaces (DIYバイオスペースを作る為の情報共有を行いたい)
- Hideo Iwasaki (Tokyo, metaPhorest)
- Shiho Fukuhara (Tokyo, metaPhorest, BCL, BioClub)
- Georg Tremmel (Tokyo, metaPhorest, BCL, BioClub)
- Chiaki Ishizuka http://nin0jin.tumblr.com/ (Kyoto)
- Ai Hasegawa http://aihasegawa.info (Currently in Boston 2016)
- Sputniko http://sputniko.com/ (at MIT Medialab, Boston)
- Hanna Saito (Tokyo, metaPhorest)
- Tomoya Ishibashi (Tokyo, metaPhorest)
- Yuki Yoshioka (Tokyo, metaPhorest)
- Hiroo Komine (ayurveda biohacker)
- Aisen Caro Chacin, Tsukuba University
- Nur Akbar Arofatullah from Lifepatch, (Ibaraki Pref.)
- Takeshi Oozu
- Maša Jazbec
- Naomi Kuramoto
- Shingo Hisakawa, NinjaPCR, https://github.com/hisashin/
- shigeru kobayashi
- Take - Masato Takemura http://www.take-space.com/
- Science Bar Incubator review (in Japanese:http://biohacker.jp/c/BH98.html) (Tokyo, 7 Arakicho, Shinjuku)
August - October
metaPhorest Seminar & Lecture YCAM Workshop(s)* BioClub Workshop(s)* Tamabi Lecture
(*) == paid
Travel Grants and other Funding
started to work on a piratepad