SR4 LifeYeast is a product of dry yeast package produced and manufactured by the Laboratory of Microbiology, Faculty of Agriculture UGM Yogyakarta and Lifepatch – citizen initiative in art, science and technology.
SR4 LifeYeast is isolated from Soursop fruit yeast inoculum. The production process of the LifeYeast done with Aseptic technique by microbiology experts at the Faculty of Agriculture, Gadjah Mada University in Yogyakarta. LifeYeast is used as a starter in bio-ethanol fermentation process, converting sugar, sucrose, glucose in juices into ethanol. SR4 LifeYeast is a type of fresh yeast in powder form, made without preservatives and should be stored in low temperatures.
The idea of making SR4 LifeYeast came from the difficulties in the process of DIY inoculation. This process requires a sterile environment to avoid contamination in the new medium of the yeast. Lifepatch think the SR4 LifeYeast production could be very helpful after finding many contaminated inoculation mediums from the “Agar and Yeast inoculation workshop” participants.
Instructions for Use
- Dissolve 1 packet LifeYeast in 1 cup warm water (35-38 ° C) with 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Close the glass and let stand for 4 hours
- Pour the LifeYeast into a 10 Litre mesh solution (fruit juice that has been boiled and cooled)
- Fermentation process will start 6-8 hours later
Instructions for Storage
- Save LifeYeast at 5 °C
- For best results, the yeast should be consumed within 48 hours after the package is opened
SR4 LifeYeast in Bahasa Indonesia at Lifepatch site: [>>Link<<]